Super Finishing removes the asperities that are inherent in the manufacturing process. By safely removing these microscopic peaks, the Super Finishing process leaves a much more uniform surface that reduces friction and allows for increased lubrication capability. While the dimensional integrity of the part remains intact, the result is an improved component that will operate at lower temperatures, have increased durability, quieter operation and increased time between maintenance.
Better surface properties on gear teeth and other functional surfaces are responsible for:
- reducing friction and wear;
- reducing operating temperature, even at high speeds;
- eliminating any need for ‘run in’ time and reducing the risk of component failure at the initial stages of its life;
- reduction of vibration and noise within the unit, again increasing its marketability and improving its performance;
- cleaner lubricant as a result of reduced component wear producing ‘debris’ to pollute the component’s working environment (resulting again in shortening the component life span);
These improvements allow manufacturers to offer smaller and lighter parts which maintain the same performance and transmission of energy. Also, the use of lubricants with a higher viscosity is possible which can result in longer maintenance intervals which in turn create huge savings in running costs and total costs of ownership. All in all they allow a total win:win for the manufacturers and end-users alike.
Keramo® Super Finishing is a unique finishing process developed by Rösler that has been tested, proven, certified and is currently in use in many different industries. The Super Finishing process is used in F1, motorsport, medical implant, surgical and both land and aerospace turbine industries. It is highly successful on parts that operate in extreme environments. The results confirm that no matter what your product is, the Super Finishing process will make a difference in performance and save time, energy and money. Surface finishes of <0,025 micro metres RA can be achieved (dependent on the start condition and process time).
After Keramo® Process
Please click play button to see the story of a perfected gear wheel
For further information please click here and complete the contact form
Post written by
Personal Assistant / Digital Marketing