Super Finishing removes the asperities that are inherent in the manufacturing process. By safely removing these microscopic peaks, the Super Finishing process leaves a much more uniform surface that reduces friction and allows for increased lubrication capability. While the dimensional integrity of the part remains intact, the result is an improved component that will operate at lower temperatures, have increased durability, quieter operation and increased time between maintenance.
Better surface properties on gear teeth and other functional surfaces are responsible for:
- reducing friction and wear;
- reducing operating temperature, even at high speeds;
- eliminating any need for ‘run in’ time and reducing the risk of component failure at the initial stages of its life;
- reduction of vibration and noise within the unit, again increasing its marketability and improving its performance;
- cleaner lubricant as a result of reduced component wear producing ‘debris’ to pollute the component’s working environment (resulting again in shortening the component life span);